Businesses Accelerate Productivity in Hybrid IT Environments with HP Automation Software
PALO ALTO, Calif., Sept. 15, 2010
HP today announced enhanced automation solutions that enable clients to deliver business applications at lower cost whether they are deployed traditionally, virtually or through the cloud.
Hybrid IT environments, which can span a combination of on-premise, off-premise, physical and virtual scenarios, including cloud computing, can increase a business’s agility and speed time to market. However, if not holistically managed, hybrid environments can increase complexity, risk and costs and create IT silos. HP automation software enables clients address these challenges and better realize the benefits of hybrid delivery models.
HP Business Service Automation
Building on itsrecent cloud announcements for hybrid IT environments, HP has enhanced theHP Business Service Automation (BSA) portfolio to give clients unified and fully integrated management of their server, network, storage and applications. With this unified view, HP BSA breaks down IT silos to simplify application deployment and management in hybrid IT environments.
According to a June 2010 ExpertROI Spotlight(1) conducted by IDC on behalf of HP, organizations that deploy HP BSA solutions can:
- Realize a 382 percent return on investment (ROI) benefit over a three-year period Realize up to $4.82 in benefits for every IT dollar invested Reduce annual IT costs by up to $24,000 per 100 end-users Reduce outsourcing costs by up to 40 to 80 percent Calculate the ROI from their automation efforts
Through the recent acquisition ofStratavia, HP has strengthened its automation portfolio by adding deployment, configuration and management solutions for enterprise databases, middleware and packaged applications. These solutions bridge the gap between application development and operational teams. HP can provision all of the components, rapidly deploy changes and manage the ongoing configuration and compliance management.
The enhancements to the HP BSA portfolio include new capabilities in application deployment and risk mitigation as well as improved efficiency and increased productivity to deliver the most comprehensive, integrated and automated IT management solutions for hybrid environments.
HP Server Automation 9.0 helps clients automate the entire server life cycle, control virtualization sprawl and provide more flexible provisioning and deployment of applications.
With the new Application Deployment Manager (ADM) functionality, IT organizations can automate the release process to bridge the gap between development, quality assurance and operations teams.
- New features of HP Server Automation 9.0 including the new ADM functionality. Key insights from Forrester Research Inc. on how to improve application quality, shorten the application life cycle and achieve enterprise-ready scalability and security. Accelerate application deployment by up to 86 percent.
HP Network Automation 9.0 enables clients to contain costs, mitigate risk and improve efficiency of the network by automating error-prone tasks, reducing outages and enforcing policies in real time regardless of the environment.
- Automate and control the network through HP Network Automation.
HP Operations Orchestration 9.0, the leader in run-book automation, enables clients faced with constant alerts and siloed teams to improve service quality across hybrid environments. It gives clients the ability to automate the IT processes required to support cloud computing initiatives.
- HP Operations Orchestration software can help manage a hybrid infrastructure through a single view.
HP Client Automation 7.8 helps clients reduce administration costs for managing physical and virtual machines through a single tool.
- The new feature of theextensible management framework provides more control of the hardware and software aspects of PCs. Refreshing hardware one device at a time is tedious, time consuming and expensive. This antiquated processcan be automated and vastly improved with HP Client Automation. Companies are continually looking for cost savings and many seek new ways to be more environmentally friendly. Centrally create and enforce corporate wide power policies through HP Client Automation.
HP Storage Essentials 6.3 helps clients reduce complexity in hybrid environments, while improving storage utilization and controlling capacity growth.
- Storage virtualization with HP Storage Essentials. Cost-effectively manage and optimize storage capacity growth.
Read the BSA Blog to hear from the experts on how the HP Business Service Automation portfolio gives clients a unified and fully integrated management view of their server, network, storage and applications to optimize virtualization in hybrid IT environments.
“Organizations are seeking solutions that deliver business applications and services with greater agility, speed and at the lowest cost to the enterprise, regardless of their IT environment,” said Erik Frieberg, vice president, Marketing, Software and Solutions, HP. “Clients can achieve up to 382 percent ROI by deploying HP’s leading automation software and leverage the benefits of new hybrid delivery models.”