Canon U.S.A. Announces New uniFLOW v5.0 Fleet Management Solution
NEW YORK, September 1, 2010 – Demonstrating its commitment to developing advanced document management solutions, Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging, will preview its newest output management solution, uniFLOW v5.0, during Canon EXPO 2010 New York, a once-every-five-years event highlighting Canon’s breakthrough technologies. The latest version of the Company’s popular uniFLOW output management software, uniFLOW v5.0 features a variety of new capabilities and functions that streamline fleet management and simplify workflow processes allowing end-users and network administrators to focus on their core job functions.
With the increasing demand for office solutions that streamline workflow to increase productivity and improve bottom-line results, uniFLOW v5.0 is designed to meet the needs of both large and small enterprises that require an advanced output management solution with significant flexibility. Through uniFLOW v5.0, fleet administrators will gain new tools to manage document costs incurred via printing, faxing, copying and scanning, as well as enhanced fleet management controls that streamline IT functions and easily extend to global deployments.
“uniFLOW v5.0 is a tremendous leap forward in the evolution of fleet management software solutions for businesses ranging from small offices to global enterprises,” said Sam Yoshida, vice president and general manager, Imaging Systems Group, Canon U.S.A. “For businesses seeking to improve productivity and cost management, uniFLOW v5.0 gives end-users greater control of workflows, allowing administrators to maximize output efficiency across their networks.”
uniFLOW v5.0 offers a broad array of features developed to facilitate cost-effective management of multifunction product (MFP) and printer fleets, and to improve printing security and productivity including:
* Workflow Elements: uniFLOW v5.0 introduces “decision-based” workflow objects, allowing several workflows to be executed, through a simple workflow editing tool, based on pre-defined conditions enabling seamless and flexible setup for IT administrators.
* imageRUNNER 2500 Support: Made possible through direct integration of uniFLOW capabilities into device firmware, popular uniFLOW functionality such as card authentication, secure printing and cost center selection is now available with the imageRUNNER 2500 series.
* 3rd Party Device Support: uniFLOW v5.0 dramatically extends third party device support through the delivery of embedded secure print support for popular non-Canon models ensuring that customers can easily manage mixed device fleets.
* SQL Connector for Import/Export of Data: New task-based application allowing greater customization of back-end functions including importation of cost center and other essential data directly into accounting and management systems.
* Global Workflows: Advanced function for network administrators enabling the rapid administration of printers in large fleet deployments. Customized workflows developed by IT departments can be pushed to an organization’s entire fleet.
* Universal Driver Enhancements: The already powerful uniFLOW Universal Driver has been enhanced to support Booklet printing mode.
* Advanced Scanning Workflow: A dynamic scanning solution is introduced in uniFLOW v5 , which offers OCR, barcode recognition, document conversion and which integrates natively with, among others, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint and several other DMS solutions.
* Enhanced Document Security: uniFLOW V5 integrates with imageWARE Secure Audit Manager to ensure a new level of security of documents in an organization. imageWARE Secure Audit Manager and uniFLOW V5 can be used in combination to both deter and prevent any unauthorized scanning or duplication of hardcopy or digital documents and to quickly identify unauthorized disclosure of confidential information.
uniFLOW v5.0 will be available in the fourth quarter of 2010 through Canon Authorized Dealers with scanning workflow and security capabilities being introduced in early 2011. Canon’s Professional Services organization and Canon Authorized Dealers can assist customers in determining how uniFLOW v5.0 can best be deployed to enhance fleet management in their particular environment. Pricing varies depending on the size and scope of the implementation.