Cisco Expands Talent-Development Strategy for the Gulf Region
Cisco today announced a series of initiatives designed to increase the Gulf region’s capacity to train, employ and retain highly qualified networking and systems engineers. Authorized Cisco® Learning Solutions Partners, including Fast Lane, Global Knowledge and AcademyTech, will offer a complete range of Cisco training and certification preparation courses to students and professionals in more than 40 training centers across 31 cities throughout the region.
By designating authorized Cisco Learning Solutions Partners and by opening professional training facilities, Cisco aims to help narrow the 100,000-person gap between present employment levels and the number of networking professionals the region is projected to need by 2012.* In addition, Cisco today announced the availability of the Cisco 360 Learning Program for CCIE® Routing and Switching in the Gulf region along with mobile testing facilities to offer more convenient testing to those pursuing CCIE certification.
Cisco 360 Learning Program:
- The Cisco 360 Learning Program for CCIE Routing and Switching prepares high-potential networking professionals to meet the challenges of attaining the deep expertise they will need to manage sophisticated networks as well as solve the configuration and troubleshooting scenarios they will encounter on CCIE examinations and on the job.
- The Cisco 360 Learning Program for CCIE R&S certification is the only expert training program that is fully aligned to the CCIE R&S certification standards and the only Cisco authorized learning program at the expert level.
- There are more than 20 components of the Cisco 360 Learning Program for CCIE Routing and Switching, which can now be purchased through authorized Cisco 360 Learning Partners.
Mobile Testing Facilities
- Through the CCIE mobile lab initiative, Cisco will offer more candidates the ability to take the exam in their own countries, increasing convenience and reducing the waiting time and expense associated with being tested in another country.
- The initiative has begun with the CCIE Routing and Switching exam and will expand to include other certification exams in the future.
- Scheduled dates and locations are available on the Cisco Learning Network.
- Jeanne Beliveau-Dunn, vice president and general manager of Learning@Cisco, said:
“There are two great equalizers in the world: the Internet and education. As the network becomes the communication platform for all industries, there is an increasing demand for expert engineers who can accurately and quickly anticipate, diagnose and resolve complex network issues. The best way to ensure quality education in this industry is to study through our Authorized Cisco Learning Partner programs. These programs have exclusive access to a full-range of Cisco designed and authorized courses, offering the most advanced networking technology training available. This will help enable great transformation of the region through a host of new services for all industry, government and its citizens.”
Additional information about the Cisco CCIE program is available at: www.ciscolearningnetwork.com
Social Media Destinations:
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/learningatcisco
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cisco-Career-Certifications/111552132193668
- Digg: http://www.digg.com/users/learningatcisco
- Del.i.cious: http://delicious.com/learningatcisco
- YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=learningatcisco
- Google Reader: http://www.google.com/reader/shared/07543131729020791635
- Friendfeed: www.friendfeed.com/learningatcisco