Dell Encryption Solution offers Data protection with Government Regulations compliance
To help customers simplify data protection and comply with security regulations, Dell today announced Dell Data Protection | Encryption, a flexible, manageable and auditable endpoint encryption solution. The solution is designed to help companies protect endpoint devices, which serve as the “front door” to sensitive information.
With the increase in and rising cost of data breaches, private and public-sector organizations are being forced to reevaluate endpoint device policies. In fact, more than 14 million records have been exposed and 575 data breaches have been documented to-date in 2010¹. The organizational cost of a data breach incident in the U.S. can be up to $6.75 million².
Dell Data Protection | Encryption is an intelligent file-based encryption solution that is designed to protect data on laptops and desktops, as well as external media, in case of loss or theft. The solution includes centralized management and comprehensive reporting that enables an organization’s IT department to detect devices that need encryption, enforce policies and audit encryption state. The reporting feature also provides confirmation that endpoints are protected regardless of user, device or location, which may provide regulatory safe harbor, helping to keep organizations from reporting a data breach and facing potential legal penalties.
Dell Data Protection | Encryption provides:
- Easy deployment and integration into heterogeneous IT environments (Dell and non-Dell systems) with support for existing authentication and patching processes.
- Quick recovery of systems with errors by avoiding a multi-step, time-consuming process of decrypting, transporting data and re-encrypting.
- One solution to encrypt data on the disk, plus removable media such as USB thumb drives, external hard drives, eSata drives, 1394 devices, optical storage³ and Secure Digital (SD).
- Pre-set policy templates to provide an easy starting point for compliance management and maintenance.
- Intelligent File-based encryption that encrypts the drive at the file level with flexible options based on the end-user profile, data sensitivity and compliance needs.
- Optional support for encryption on select smartphones and non-Windows Operating Systems through a relationship with CREDANT.
- Preset Policy Templates including basic and aggressive protection for system drives, USB thumb drives, fixed drives (eSata and USB) and CDs; data breach regulatory targeted; HIPAA and PCI DSS targeted.
Dell Data Protection| Encryption is available for an additional cost through volume licensing today and factory installation on Dell Latitude notebooks, Dell OptiPlex desktops and Dell Precision mobile and desktop workstations will be available soon.
“Public exposure of private and highly sensitive data continues to occur in organizations both large and small,” said Eric Ouellet, vice president, Secure Business Enablement, Gartner. “Managed endpoint encryption solutions that are flexible and adaptable to the demands of mobile users help minimize risks and are an important part of best practice frameworks.”
“Security threats are on the rise and we’re here to help customers have the power to do more by proactively protecting their data in a way that doesn’t hinder their IT processes,” said Steve Lalla, vice president and general manager, Dell Commercial Client Product Group. “Dell Data Protection is designed to help protect your businesses’ vital data in an easy to deploy and cost-effective manner.”