Dell and Symantec Deliver Cloud-based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) Solutions
- Multi-layered Anti-Virus and Anti-Spam Capabilities will Help Ensure, Always-on Network Protection
- Content Control, Image Control and Boundary Encryption Services will Bolster Confidentiality and Integrity of E-mail Communications
Dell Services and Symantec (NASDAQ: SYMC) today announced an expanded strategic partnership under which Dell Services will utilize Symantec’s e-mail security platform as the security engine for its Email Management Services (EMS) portfolio of Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions. The partnership will utilize Symantec Hosted Services’ state-of-the-art, cloud-based security services to bring new e-mail security features and improved functionality to Dell’s EMS customers and channel partners, providing them with increased e-mail protection and availability.
Dell Services’ EMS Email Continuity and EMS Email Archive SaaS solutions are currently offered to Symantec’s customers and channel partners. Through this enhanced partnership, Symantec will increase the depth and breadth of its solutions for customers seeking additional capabilities for hosted e-mail products.
Using Symantec’s e-mail security platform, Dell Services will offer the following expanded security features to new and existing EMS Email Security customers and channel partners:
Hosted Email Anti-Virus and Anti-Spam Capabilities:
- Traffic and connection management tools and commercial scanners help identify, slow and reject spam and virus attacks
- Proprietary predictive technology helps to identify both unknown and new viruses and spam
- Message track and trace functionality allows administrators to determine e-mail status as delivered, blocked or in queue
Hosted Email Image and Content Control:
- Identification and control of confidential, malicious, or inappropriate inbound or outbound e-mail
- Aids in the enforcement of e-mail acceptable use policies to reduce the risk of legal action, damage to corporate reputation and data loss
Hosted Email Boundary Encryption:
- Secure, encrypted private e-mail networks help to safeguard the privacy and integrity of e-mail communications
- Transport Layer Security (TLS) functionality encrypts the entire e-mail connection between sender and recipient network boundaries
Dell Services offers a full portfolio of cloud-optimized solutions designed to help minimize the risk of managing IT, including management of desktop and server environments, protection of data and devices, and e-mail management and security. EMS Email Security is a component of Dell’s portfolio of IT Management SaaS solutions. Dell’s SaaS solutions help simplify the management of IT environments, enabling organizations to rapidly launch operations while helping to reduce deployment costs.
“By combining the individual strengths and expertise of Dell Services and Symantec Hosted Services, we are excited to bring customers and channel partners a best-of-breed portfolio that features robust, industry-leading functionalities. As Dell and Symantec team to bolster state-of-the-art hosted e-mail security, continuity and archiving services, new and existing customers can benefit from heightened protection and expanded hosted offerings,” said Mark Bilger, vice president, Services Product Group, Dell Services.
“This partnership with Dell signifies the strength of both the Symantec Hosted Services and the Dell portfolios and our commitment to cloud-based SaaS services. We are looking forward to working with Dell’s customers and partners to bring the benefits of SaaS to more organizations, anticipating continued success across both our global Enterprise and SMB business,” said Rowan Trollope, senior vice president, Symantec Hosted Services.