GE and Intel HealthCare Joint Venture “Care Innovations”
FAIRFIELD, Conn. and SANTA CLARA, Calif., Jan. 3, 2011 – GE (NYSE:GE) and Intel Corporation (NASDAQ:INTC) announced that Intel-GE Care Innovations LLC (“Care Innovations”) is the name of their healthcare joint venture and that the company is operational starting today. Care Innovations will develop technologies that support healthy, independent living at home and in senior housing communities. The executive leadership team and board of managers are now in place to support the new company’s transition and future growth.
- Louis J. Burns, CEO
- Douglas F. Busch, Senior Vice President, Chief Operating Officer
- Lauren Salata, Vice President, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Compliance Officer
- Michael Bassett, General Manager of Assistive Technologies
- Becky Davis, Director of Corporate Marketing
- Eric Dishman, Director of Health Policy
- Aaron Duerksen, General Manager of Disease Management
- Bonnie Norman, Director of Quality Assurance and Regulatory Affairs
- James Pursley, General Manager of Independent Living
- Randall Swanson, Vice President, Business Operations
- Intel-GE Care Innovations Leadership Team and Board of Managers
- Intel-GE Care Innovations Builds Upon Years of Intel Digital Health and GE Healthcare Home Health Milestones
GE Healthcare provides transformational medical technologies and services that are shaping a new age of patient care. Our broad expertise in medical imaging and information technologies, medical diagnostics, patient monitoring systems, drug discovery, biopharmaceutical manufacturing technologies, performance improvement and performance solutions services help our customers to deliver better care to more people around the world at a lower cost. In addition, we partner with healthcare leaders, striving to leverage the global policy change necessary to implement a successful shift to sustainable healthcare systems.
Our “healthymagination” vision for the future invites the world to join us on our journey as we continuously develop innovations focused on reducing costs, increasing access and improving quality around the world. Headquartered in the United Kingdom, GE Healthcare is a unit of General Electric Company (NYSE: GE). Worldwide, GE Healthcare employees are committed to serving healthcare professionals and their patients in more than 100 countries. For more information about GE Healthcare, visit our website at www.gehealthcare.com/quietcare.
For our latest news, please visit newsroom.gehealthcare.com
Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) is a world leader in computing innovation. The company designs and builds the essential technologies that serve as the foundation for the world’s computing devices. Additional information about Intel is available at newsroom.intel.com and blogs.intel.com.