HP Unveils Print Solutions, Including 10 Industry-first Innovations, that Transform Print Features into Digital Content Solutions
NEW YORK, Sept. 20, 2010
HP today announced multiple innovations across its printing portfolio, including10 industry-first technologies that significantly improve how customers interact with their digital content.
The new solutions are designed to help enable all customers – from consumers to small and midsize businesses (SMBs) to enterprise organizations – to better manage and access digital content, convert information from paper to digital with one touch, and quickly unlock content repositories in the enterprise.
HP made the announcements from the stage of a global news conference, joined by prominent partners and customers, including Jerry Yang, co-founder of Yahoo!; Ivanka Trump, renowned entrepreneur, co-founder of the Trump Hotel Collection and founder of the Ivanka Trump Collection; Rob Lips, vice president of QuickBooks Product Marketing at Intuit; Ed Febinger, vice president of Inventory and Manufacturing Strategy at Pearson PLC; and Matias del Campo, founder and principal at SPAN Architecture & Design.
“HP is unleashing innovation and has once again made the future a reality,” saidVyomesh Joshi, executive vice president, Imaging and Printing Group, HP. “We have transformed the flow of content for all customers letting them access, share, print and manage content virtually anytime or anywhere in the world.”
- Disruptive new category of printers powered by the web and empowered by the cloud spanning the HP Photosmart, Officejet, LaserJet and Designjet lines starting at $99 for consumer models and $149 for the office(1); Unlocking billions of pages by giving people the freedom to print photos, documents and more from mobile devices; Breakthrough technology with HP FutureSmart Firmware and HP Open Extensibility Platform that enables SMB and enterprise customers to use current and future third-party and workflow solutions on hardware that dates back to 2005.(2)
Offerings for the digitally connected consumer
HP introduced two content devices designed to serve the access and print needs of digitally connected consumers. In addition, the company has simplified the print experience from mobile devices by offering HP ePrint(3) on all newHP Photosmart devices as well as direct printing from Apple iPad, iPod touch and iPhone devices with iOS 4.2.(4)
- TheHP Photosmart eStation All-in-One combines the full features of an HP All-in-One with web browsing and access to HP print apps and widgets – plus a detachable, 7-inch, full-color touchscreen for mobile freedom in the home.(5,6) Additional features include access to Barnes & Noble’s expansive eBookstore with more than 1 million digital titles as well as one-touch access to customized content from Yahoo!, Yahoo! Mail, Yahoo! Messenger, Yahoo! Search and Yahoo! Weather direct from the display. Customers also can fax without the need of a phone line.(5) The ENERGY STAR® qualified HP Photosmart eStation is currently available in select countries for $399.(1) TheHP ENVY 100 e-All-in-One is a sleek, slim-line printer designed to complement modern home décor and features a high-resolution touchscreen display, whisper-quiet operation and a retractable paper tray. The ENERGY STAR qualified HP ENVY 100 e-All-in-One is the planet’s first PVC-free printer(7) and is expected to be available worldwide next month for $249.(1) New print apps(8) available this fall on HP eAll-in-One Photosmart Printers include: Delta Air Lines to quickly print boarding passes; NBA.com for access to game schedules and information; Sesame Street eBookstore for stories and learning activities; Bing Maps for maps and driving directions; Martha’s Everyday Food™ from Martha Stewart for quick and easy dinner recipes; LeapFrog for kids’ educational activities; Photobucket, SmugMug and Facebook® for easy access to personal photo albums; Howcast for how-to content for daily life and enjoyment; MyRecipes.com for recipes from magazines such as Cooking Light, Southern Living and Real Simple; and DailyCandy for daily lifestyle news and offers. Snapfish by HP, the No. 1 online personal publishing service, is building a rich assortment of unique card designs after adding 130 new designers and more than 3,000 new designs to its recently launchedSnapfish Publisher platform. Snapfish also is working with a selection of developers who will introduce their own range of merchandise for this holiday season, including custom lunchboxes and puzzles.
More information about the HP Photosmart e-All-in-One portfolio is available at www.hp.com/go/innovationsummit. HP printers are backed by HP Total Care, the company’s award-winning service, solutions and support, both in and out of warranty.
HP Wall Art: Fun, affordable wall designs for the family
Later this fall, HP plans to launch Wall Art – personalized wall decor that is fun and easy to mount. The first Wall Art available will feature images from popular Nickelodeon shows, including “SpongeBob SquarePants,” “Dora the Explorer,” “Go Diego Go!” and “iCarly.” Parents and their kids will be able to go online, choose the images and customize the Wall Art to fit their chosen room. More partners and options will be added in 2011, including television characters, movie heroes, music stars and even personal photos.
Empowering SMBs to do business anytime, anywhere
HP’s new portfolio of web-connected printers for SMB customers makes it easy to accessHP print apps,(8) share information andePrint(3) wherever business happens. HP also is working with Intuit’s Partner Platform to deliver an app that will allow small businesses to easily scan, store and manage financial materials via Intuit’s QuickBooks.
- The wired and wireless HP LaserJet Pro CM1415fnw Color MFP is the first HP LaserJet printer that prints from the web and mobile devices(9,10) and offers a 3.5-inch color touchscreen control panel that allows users to easily print, scan, copy and fax. Available now for $449.(1) HP ePrint and print app support are expected to be available this winter. TheHP Officejet Pro 8500A e-All-in-One series allows small businesses to make their best impression with professional-quality color prints, marketing materials or other business documents for up to 50 percent lower cost per page and while using up 50 percent less energy than color laser printers.(11) Available now starting at $299.(1) TheHP Officejet 7500A Wide Format e-All-in-One produces professional-quality color documents for the lowest cost per page compared with in-class, wide-format inkjet all-in-ones on a range of paper types and sizes.(12) The 7500A includes integrated wired and wireless networking for sharing with multiple PCs(3) and includes a 2.36-inch color touchscreen display. Available now for $299.(1) The wired and wireless(6,13) HP Officejet 6500A e-All-in-One series lets users produce professional-quality, lowest-cost-in-class color documents,(14) plus fax, copy and scan. The 6500A uses 40 percent less energy than comparable laser printers(15) and includes a 2.36-inch color touchscreen display. Available now starting at $149.(1)
Additionally, HP introduced an expanded portfolio of printers with HP ePrint technology, expected to be available this winter, and a compact scanner.
- TheHP LaserJet Pro CP1025nw Color Printer is the world’s smallest color laser printer(16) and one of the world’s most energy-efficient color laser printers.(17) Expected to be available in November for $229.(1) TheHP LaserJet Pro CP1525nw Color Printer is expected to be available in November for $299.(1) TheHP LaserJet Pro M1536dnf MFP is available now for $299.(1) The HP Scanjet Pro 3000 Sheet-feed Scanner is expected to be available in November for $449.(1)
Transform imaging and printing into a strategic advantage
HP FutureSmart Firmware and the latest version of theHP Open Extensibility Platform (OXP) help extend the life of an imaging and printing fleet while helping to increase office productivity and simplify fleet management.
These technologies enable SMB and enterprise customers to use future solutions on hardware purchased today as well as extend those capabilities to OXP-enabled devices dating back to 2005,(2) providing significant investment protection. Together, they allow HP and solution partners to develop advanced applications, making HP multifunction printers a document workflow kiosk for multiple business processes that enhance productivity.
The new printing products announced today and all future networked, office-class HP LaserJet printers are based on HP FutureSmart Firmware. The new products, services and solutions are designed to helpHP Managed Print Services customers cut costs, improve productivity, mitigate risk and drive business results.
New products include:
- TheHP Color LaserJet Enterprise CM4540 Multifunction Printer series is expected to be available this winter for $3,799 to $5,549.(1) TheHP Color LaserJet Enterprise CP5520 Printer series is expected to be available this winter for $2,499 to $4,399.(1) TheHP Scanjet 7500 Enterprise Flatbed Scanner is expected to be available this winter for $1,399.(1)
New solutions include:
- The HP Insurance Policy Accelerator Solution accelerates insurance policy document workflows from proposal to payment, helping to speed time to revenue, reduce operating costs and improve the customer experience.HP Dynamic Marketing, based on theHP Exstream customer communications solutions platform, allows customers to create, manage and deliver meaningful, relevant marketing materials and customer communications across the enterprise in a timely manner. The HP and TROY Secure Document Printing Solution enables organizations to print high-value black-and-white documents with antifraud security features using plain paper and enterprise-class HP PCL5 LaserJet printers and MFPs.
New services include:
- HP ePrint Enterprise(18) for BlackBerry® smartphones is enhanced with pull-printing integration for greater security and more robust search functionality. EnhancedHP Telecommuter bundles help ensure high productivity for enterprise telecommuters with new ePrint enabled devices and portable printers that offer excellent print quality, IT manageability and low cost of ownership. The HP Security Action Plan provides a comprehensive roadmap to help enterprise customers identify and address common security risks across their imaging and printing environments for enhanced data protection and improved compliance.
HP’s alliance with Canon continues to yield global results. HP UPD (Postscript) currently supports the imageRUNNER ADVANCE color products and will support the newer monochrome MFPs this fall. HP Web Jetadmin and HP Remote Monitoring support even the newest Canon products, such as imageRUNNER ADVANCE 6000 Series and 8000 Series monochrome multifunction devices. HP continues to invest in technologies and solutions to enable a common user experience across HP and Canon devices.
Game-changing, web-based collaboration solutions for design professionals
HP has extended its ePrint platform to the graphics market for the first time, redefining the large-format printing experience for design professionals. The new solutions help design teams collaborate across multiple locations, streamline processes and reduce costs.
- TheHP Designjet T2300 eMultifunction Printer (eMFP) is the industry’s first web-ready large-format system with scan, print and copy functionality, enabling design professionals to easily scan and upload documents to the web and print drawings wherever needed.(19) HP ePrint & Share is a web-based printing solution available throughHP ePrintCenter that allows design professionals to automatically create, print, share and manage project files online using desktop or mobile devices.(20) The HP Designjet T7100 Printer is a high-speed monochrome and color printing system with breakthrough total cost of ownership compared to competitive technologies.(21) TheHP Designjet Z6200 Photo Printer series is the world’s fastest, professional-quality large-format photo printer in its price class,(22) delivering photo-quality prints with a resolution of 2,400 dots per inch and versatility for indoor applications from line drawings to photographic output to signage. HP Vivid Photo Inks, featured in the HP Designjet Z6200 Photo Printer, offer improved scratch resistance, gloss levels and gloss uniformity and a wider color gamut with deeper blacks than previous HP inks.
Additional information about HP’s collaborative print solutions for design professionals is available in a relatednews release.
More information about HP’s product launch is available in an online press kit at http://www.hp.com/go/InnovationSummit.