ING Bank Turkey Uses Cisco Borderless Network Architecture
Cisco announced today that ING Bank Turkey has deployed a highly secure and reliable information infrastructure based on the Cisco® Borderless Network architecture.
ING Bank Turkey’s borderless network supports a multichannel business model by connecting 333 branches and 838 ATMs along with 24-hour call centers and online banking facilities. The new borderless network infrastructure serves as the foundation for a higher level of platform integration across these channels, helping to streamline operations, speed up product and service delivery, and manage the overall customer experience.
Key Facts / Highlights
- The objective of the project was to make the banking infrastructure faster and more secure while also improving business agility and resilience through a virtualized data center that includes Cisco Nexus® 1000V Series Switches.
- The Internet Protocol (IP) network design is the first of its kind in Turkey, with redundant connections for local and wide area networks (LANs and WANs). It combines the power of Cisco switching and routing solutions and security technologies with Cisco 3G Wireless WAN backup links.
- Branches now enjoy a 10-fold increase in connection speeds, enabling employees to access information faster, complete transactions more quickly, and serve customers more efficiently. These gains are particularly important because about 50 percent of customers still bank at a local branch.
- The bank is also cutting costs by taking advantage of the Cisco voice and video-ready network to make staff training available online.
- Cisco 2800 Series Integrated Services Routers (ISRs) have been deployed at all branches and are connecting the branch offices into the backbone infrastructure, which consists of Cisco Catalyst® 6500, 7600 and 7200 Series Routers. The headquarter is served with Cisco Catalyst 4500 Series Switches. These systems provide the foundation for the borderless network and connect all users.
- ING Bank Turkey has also strengthened the end-to-end security of its Internet banking services. And through data center virtualization, plans for new products and service improvements can now be accelerated.
- Huseyin Sivri, chief information officer, ING Bank Turkey
- Isil Hasdemir, enterprise sales manager, Cisco Turkey
“Our aim was to improve service quality and provide the foundation for rapid growth while reducing costs and helping to provide a safe and highly secure banking environment. IT strategy is a key enabler in this transformation. During this project, we have continuously received access to the very best technical support from Cisco and its partners.”
“Today’s financial institutions require an information infrastucture that allows them to expand sales and services to multiple delivery channels. The Cisco Borderless Network architecture was meeting ING Turkey’s needs to serve its customers across the country in branches, through call centers and via Internet banking.”