Samsung and Sprint announced upcoming availability of the Nexus S 4G, running on Android 2.3 ( Gingerbread) and powered by a 1GHz processor capable of 3D-like graphics, fast uploads and downloads, coupled with a Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) to make playing mobile games, browsing the Web and watching videos a fast, fluid and smooth experience.
A Super AMOLED touchscreen on a 4-inch display features a neat design, delivering bright and vibrant images, producing less glare than competitors when outdoors.
A rear-facing 5 megapixel camera with camcorder plus a gyroscope sensor, suitable for rich gaming experience, complete the pack.
• Android Market for access to more than 150,000 applications, widgets and games available for download to customize the experience
• Google mobile services such as Google Search, Gmail, Google Maps with Navigation, syncing with Google Calendar, Voice Actions and YouTube
• Corporate email (Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync), personal (POP & IMAP) email and instant messaging
• Near Field Communication (NFC) technology, which allows the device to read information from everyday objects, like stickers and posters embedded with NFC chips
• 16GB Internal Memory (ROM)/512MB (RAM)
• Wi-Fi – 802.11 b/g/n
• Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
• Integrated GPS
• 1500 mAh Lithium-ion battery
Price is expected in the 200 US$ range, with a two-year service agreement.