SAN FRANCISCO, Oct 05, 2010 / News Network/ — From CTIA Enterprise & Applications(TM) 2010, Verizon Wireless, the company with the nation’s largest and most reliable wireless 3G network, and Motorola, Inc. (NYSE: MOT) today unveiled Motorola CITRUS(TM). Powered by Android(TM) 2.1, Motorola CITRUS delivers an affordable, entry-level, customizable smartphone experience in a compact design that is easy on both the eyes and the earth.
Key features and specifications:
* Curved design
* Easy-to-use, on-screen QWERTY keyboard (available in landscape and portrait modes) for quick messaging
* Full HTML Web browser — Preloaded with Bing Search and Bing Maps and delivers a PC-like Web browsing experience with quick access to Web apps and services such as Facebook(R); Google services such as Gmail(TM), Google Talk(TM) and YouTube(TM)
* Equipped with BACKTRACK(TM), a touch panel located on the back of the device that enables users to navigate and scroll through websites, home screens, e-mails, music and more without obstructing the display
* Full capacitive touch screen display delivers fluid flick, swipe and pinch-to-zoom navigation
* Seven home screen panels that can be tailored with an array of available shortcuts; applications; and pre-loaded widgets such as sticky notes, weather, messages and calendar
* Android Market(TM) — Choose from thousands of downloadable apps, many of which are free
* CITRUS has a housing made from 25 percent post-consumer recycled plastic, is certified CarbonFree(R) through an alliance with Carbonfund.org, and is PVC and BFR free. The packaging is made from 80 percent post-consumer recycled paper, and the user manual is made using 100 percent recycled paper and soy-based ink.
Pricing and availability:
* Motorola CITRUS will be available at www.verizonwireless.com and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores in Q4 2010.
* For more information about Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.