Your window to your world with Sony Ericsson LiveView™
28 September 2010
- Sony Ericsson LiveView™ micro display with remote control functionality mirrors the activities of your mobile phone
London, September 28th 2010 – Today sees the announcement of the Sony Ericsson LiveView™. This innovative accessory is another step in Sony Ericsson’s commitment to help consumers get the very best mobile phone experience through the open Android platform. The Sony Ericsson LiveView™ is part of the Sony Ericsson Extras portfolio – a division which offers a total product experience and enhanced mobile possibilities.
The Sony Ericsson LiveView™ uses Bluetooth™ connectivity to wirelessly pair up to a compatible handset and allows consumers to control the phone without taking it out of their pocket or handbag. Read text messages, see incoming calls and keep up to date with the latest news on Facebook™ and Twitter™.
The Sony Ericsson LiveView™ allows the user to control the Sony Ericsson music features of the handset from the micro display, selecting tracks and controlling volume. The product also serves as a calendar reminder, displaying calendar events and other phone applications.
Whether on the go, in a meeting or out for dinner, the convenient Sony Ericsson LiveView™ can be clipped anywhere. Attached in a watch strap, on a keychain or clipped to a laptop, the micro display allows the user to incorporate the product into their lifestyle and always stay connected.
Mikael Henriksson, Head of creation and offering planning at Sony Ericsson Extras, said: “It is our ambition to be THE Communication Entertainment brand and this includes being the most open mobile phone brand on the market. We believe in openness and offering consumers a wide range of applications to choose from. We will continue to develop accessories to ensure we play a major and groundbreaking role in the market and design innovative and exciting accessories for all platforms, including Android.”
Mikael Henriksson continued: “The Sony Ericsson LiveView™ is the first Sony Ericsson accessory to be compatible with the open Android™ platform which gives developers an opportunity to be creative and develop the next must-have innovative application.”
Your window to your world with Sony Ericsson LiveView™
- Micro display device that mirrors the phone Tunes on the go – control music Don’t miss out – Get instant notification and readtexts, Tweets and Facebook™ updates Incoming calls – see who is calling Make it mine – open platform for developers to add to the large collection of applications for a unique experience
To find Sony Ericsson LiveView™ enabled applications, Sony Ericsson has developed the Sony Ericsson LiveWare™ Manager application. It will scan Android™ Market for Sony Ericsson LiveView™ enabled applications and present them to the user. The Sony Ericsson LiveWare™ manager will be available from Android™ Market, or come preinstalled in phone bundles.
The Sony Ericsson LiveView™ will be available in stores from Q4, 2010.
The Sony Ericsson LiveView™ is also available in one of the Sony Ericsson Experience Packs. An ‘Experience Pack‘ is a package of several related components that together create a great user experience in a certain area. The packages include mobile phone applications, accessories, services and much more. The “Sony Ericsson Fitness Pack” is aimed at sports and fitness enthusiasts. It contains a sport application for the Sony Ericsson LiveView™ – The SportyPal™ Pro – and a carrying case for your mobile phone – ideal for exercising.
The first ‘Sony Ericsson Experience Pack” will be available in selected markets in Q4.
To see more about Sony Ericsson Extras visit: www.sonyericsson.com/LiveView
For more developer information visit: http//developer.sonyericsson.com
Sony Ericsson LiveView™ – at a glance
Music player control
- Play, pause, next, previous track and volume adjustment Track title display
Social Networking Services
- Display Facebook™ updates Display Twitter™ updates
- Display incoming texts Display RSS feeds
- Show phone number for incoming calls Mute ringer for incoming phone calls List of missed calls
- Calendar reminders Find your phone Display time and date
- Bluetooth™ technology Micro USB connector
- 1,3”colour OLED display, 128×128 pixels
- Compatible with the Sony Ericsson Xperia™ X10, Sony Ericsson Xperia™ X10 mini and Sony Ericsson Xperia™ X10 mini pro and most other brands on Android 2.0 and above. For full compatibility list please visit www.sonyericsson.com Bluetooth™ range approximately 10m
- Size:3.5 x 3.5×1.1cm Typical consumer battery usage time: 4 days
Availability and versions
- Available in selected markets from Q4 2010
- Sony Ericsson LiveView™ Clip Wristband MicroUSB charger User guide
1) Facts and features may vary depending on local variant. 2) Operational times are affected by networkpreferences, type of SIM card, connected accessories and various activities e.g. playing games. Kit contents and colour options may differ from market to market. The full range of accessories may not be available in every market.
© Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB, 2010
The Liquid Identity logo is a trademark or registered trademark of Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications AB. Sony, make.believe and Walkman are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Corporation. Ericsson is the trademark or registered trademark of Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson. Additional information regarding trademarks may be located on our website at: www.sonyericsson.com/cws/common/legal/disclaimer.
Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. All terms are subject to change without prior notice.